Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy 2009!

Happy New Year! I was thinking last night about everything that happened in 2008 - it was probably one of my busiest years yet.

  • I started a new job - entering a field that I knew nothing about - with hope and determination to kick some ass.
  • I found out what it was like to live without my husband for 2 months while he was in Malaysia on business.
  • I took my first solo international trip to visit hubby while in Malaysia.
  • I turned 25 - an age I'd feared for so long. And it really hasn't been so scary so far ;)
  • I traveled the country for nearly three months straight for work - hello frequent flier miles!
  • I became mortally obsessed with a book series.
  • I made new friends and mourned the loss of a family member.
  • I watched both of my nieces turn one year old - my GOD how time flies!
  • I argued with a pregnancy test that tried to tell me there was a baby in my uterus.
  • I surrendered after 4 pregnancy tests and embraced pregnancy, with all its ups and downs.
  • I put my best friend to sleep and tried to figure out what in the world I was supposed to do without her - I'm still trying to figure it out in 2009.
  • I moved into a house that my husband and I designed and watched come to life over the course of 5 months.

Overall, 2008 was a year of change for me. I learned that I am capable of so much more than I give myself credit for. And I also learned that I needed the support of family, friends, and my incredible husband more than I ever imagined I would. I am so lucky to have everything that I do, and I am so lucky to have so many incredible people in my life. I only hope that 2009 will bring both challenges and laughter to continue shaping me into the person I strive to be.

0 comments: