Saturday, September 6, 2008

Construction Update!

A couple of months ago, Kevin and I decided to build a new home. Since that time, we've chewed our fingernails down waiting and watching the progress as our house came to life. I've been terrible about posting updates on the progress (which, really, I'm not sure if anyone is even interested - but humor me if you aren't, ok? :D ). So I've decided to post some pictures that will bring you to where it stands today.

First, our lot was cleared of trees and debris:



A few weeks later, the form was laid and plumbing was installed:



Two weeks ago, the house was framed up (This was probably the most exciting part, because we could actually see our house. And we knew that everything would go quicker from that point on!):

Today we drove by to check the progress, and here's what we saw:


Of course, we had to get out of the car and go walk through it! Now that there are exterior walls up, my fear of falling out of the second story to the ground outside was minimalized. Notice that I'm not saying my fear's gone, though - surely if anyone were to fall through a wall of an unfinished house, it would be me. The inside of the house is still mostly just studs, but there is a sturdy foundation of plywood on the second story so we were able to walk through the entire house. I'll post more pictures once the sheetrock is up and rooms are actually visible. Right now it just looks like a random maze of studs for anyone that doesn't know the floorplan.

For me, however, it's a dream come true. When I look at it, I already see each room finished and decorated. I see friends over - the guys in the gameroom playing pool and the girls sitting around the kitchen island drinking wine. I can't wait! Home sweet home, we're just a few months away now!


0 comments: