Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Fun times

We booked our hotel for Malaysia last night! So everything’s set! I had this hotel that I was in love with all lined up – I had the vacation package picked out, my massage all but booked, and pictures in my mind of me and Kevin laying out by the pool. It was an awesome hotel. So yesterday Kevin calls to finalize all of the reservations and give them our credit card information. Bad news. They’re renovating the entire hotel. It’s still open, but they are graciously notifying guests that there have been numerous complaints of noise – in other words, “You might want to stay somewhere else”. Very very cool of a hotel to do. So we booked at another equally amazing hotel and all is right with the world again. Except tomorrow Kevin leaves. *tear*

Last weekend was great. Kevin wanted to spend time with the gang (i.e. – Cheryl and Saul) before he left. So Saturday night we went to BW3’s and then went to our house for another installment of Crane/Keene/Wittmann game night – girls vs. boys, of course. Squabble led to drunk Dance Dance Revolution which I totally need to post pictures of. Stories don’t do our dDDR sessions justice. We even got Mr. Kevin Crane in on the action, although he doesn’t quite share the enthusiasm that Cheryl, Saul, and I have for it.
Sunday morning we went to the Houston Auto Show and got a first-hand look at our future car – the new Chevy Camaro. Seeing this car – Bumblebee from Transformers – in person was amazing. I’m not a Transformers fanatic and couldn’t have cared less about what cars they used in the movie, but seeing the Camaro up close made me catch my breath a little. I fell completely in love with it – it’s going to look beautimus in our driveway next year. Moving on… after the Auto Show we went over to Cheryl and Saul’s apt for the Superbowl. Cheryl’s parents were there, which is always fun times. Too bad we didn’t make Jello shots – next time, Mrs. KJ, next time. And Keith came over to hang out, too. Saul played chef and cooked up some fantastic football food, and we watched the game. None of us particularly cared who won (once the Packers were out, me and Kevin were pretty much destroyed), and yet we all were yelling and pointing at the tv by the time the game was over. While it hurts me a little to support an alumni of the Ole Miss football team (Go Gold!), I must give props to Eli Manning. Sweet game, dude.

0 comments: