Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bikini Body, Here I Come!... Maybe

It's coming up on that time of year. All girls know it, and 99% of girls dread it. Bikini season. I used to LOVE bikini season.... when I was a size 6. Laying out by the pool, going to the beach - LOVED it! I have always been self concious of my body, but never so self concious that I wasn't terrified to slip on a bathing suit.

Until about 3 years ago.

What the hell happened?! Beer, pasta, and falling into the trap of knowing Kevin loves me no matter what I look like. That's what happened. ugh.

But this year, I'm kicking it into high gear. My ass is in the initial phases of pure hell. All for the sake of getting in shape and getting healthy. But for now, my sole motivation are those little bikinis that have been so wonderfully hidden away in their own drawer for the past year. Those little monsters that have brought me so much angst, depression, and shame for the past 3 years.

So I challenged my parents to a weight loss challenge. My parents have been working out together for the past few months trying to get themselves in better shape. And it's been working for them! So I knew they were my best competition. Every week, we're pooling $25 per person (that's a $75 pot per week for you non-mathletes). The one who loses the biggest percentage of weight loss (can you tell I watch Biggest Loser?) get's the pool of money for the week. We started last Friday, so our first official weigh-in is this Friday morning. I have been sticking 100% to my Nutrisystem (I'm a complete advocate for this program, by the way) and working out every day. My eliptical machine is back in motion and my abs are killing me from the crunches. I'm doing this, and I'm doing it the right way.

Like a maniac though, I weigh myself every other time I walk by my scale (which I NEVER used to do out of sheer terror of what it would show). All weekend through yesterday... nothing. No change. I felt so defeated. But today after I got home from work, I stepped on with my eyes closed. I didn't want to look for fear of seeing that same God awful number. But, oh holy hell!! I dropped 3 pounds. Out of nowhere! Now 3 pounds... eh, not a huge feat. But it's progress ;)

I would love nothing more than to be 15 lbs lighter for my trip to see Kevin. That's my short-term goal. It's 90 degrees out there, and I have no doubt I will be in a bathing suit at some point or another. And it would thrill me to show him that I've been working my ass off to be a hot wife for him. And for me, too!

We'll see. Think skinny, small(er) ass thoughts for me. I'll need them ;)

1 comments:

Jesse said...

Hi Chandra,

I found your blog through Cheryl's. First off, let me say "You Go Girl!" 3 pounds is GREAT!

I was sitting here nodding, smiling, and whole-heartedly agreeing with everything you wrote. I'm in the exact same boat! It is tough, but I'm motivated by your own enthusiasm. :) So thanks for that!

Please tell us more about NutriSystem...I'm always hesitant to believe anything I see on TV, so I'd be curious to hear more about the program from a real person. :)

Keep up the good work!